In this tutorial we wil be creating a backup of our Joomla 1.5 database using phpMyAdmin.
phpMyAdmin is the most widely used database administration tool so that is why we have chosen it for this tutorial.
- You will have to login to phpMyAdmin through your hosting service.
- From the Database dropdown menu select your Joomla 1.5 database.
- Now we need to click on the Export tab.
- Hide the left frame to see more of the screen.
- By default every table will get exported. If you would like to export only selected ones you may choose from this list.
- You can also change the output options for the file and what types of data you want to save. Don't change these options unless you know what you are doing.
- Now we need to scroll down.
- There are 2 ways to get the output. You can get it directly on your screen so you an copy it. Or you can save it to a file automatically. That is what we will do.
- Scroll over.
- Click the Go button to generate the file.
- We want to save the file so just click OK.
You will receive a notification when the download is complete.