In this tutorial we will be changing the directory that Joomla 1.0. is installed in. This same method can be used when moving Joomla 1.0 from one host to another.
- To begin we will change the name of the directory. You can also apply this method to copy from a subdirectory to the root directory.
- Let\'s change the name from joomla to joomlasite.
- Now we need to update the path information in configuration.php. If you are changing hosts it is likely you will need to change the MySQL info as well.
- First we will change $mosConfig_absolute_path to the new path. This is where Joomla 1.0 resides on the server.
- Now we will change $mocConfig_live_site. This is the URL for your site.
- If you have enabled the cache you will need to update $mosConfig_cachepath. This will be the same as the absolute path with /cache on the end of it.
- Now we will save the file. Joomla 1.0 is now ready to go at the new location.