In this tutorial we will be adding a new category to use for posts in WordPress.
- Begin by clicking the Categories link.
- Let's add a name for the category. This is used everywhere the category name is shown.
- Then let's add a slug for the category. This is used when you gave search engine friendly URLs setup.
- If you want this to be a sub category you can set the parent here.
- Then you can add a description for the category. The default there doesn't show this anywhere but some will.
- Then click the Add Category button.
- We can see that our category has been added. We can now create new posts in it.