In this tutorial we will be assigning additional templates to menu items in Joomla 1.0. This will allow us to have a different look/feel for different areas of the Joomla web site.
- Navigate to Site >> Template Manager >> Site Templates.
- We will assign the madeyourweb template. First we need to click on the radio box next to it.
- Then we will click on the Assign button in the toolbar.
- We will assign this template to the mainmenu / Contact Us menu item. To assign to multiple items you can hold down Control (Windows) or Command (Mac) and select the other items as well.
- Click the Save button.
- There is now a checkmark next to our template under the Assigned header. That let's us know it was successfully assigned.
- Now let's go see the frontpage.
- Our template we assigned now shows up. You can use this same method to assign any number of templates to any number of menu items.