In this tutorial we will be changing the orientation of a menu from vertical to horizontal in Joomla 1.0. This is a great technique for secondary menus.
- Navigate to Modules > Site Modules.
- Edit the menu you wish to change. We will be changing the Top Menu.
- We want to change the Menu Style.
- There are 3 selections. The first 2 are self-explainatory. Flat List creates an unordered list (<ul>) for the menu. This is very nice for controlling the layout via CSS.
- We will be changing the menu to Vertical.
- Now let's Save our changes.
- Let's go back to the frontend and see our changes
- Refresh the browser
- You can now see that the menu has a vertical orientation